Is Cinnamon Bad For Dogs ?
Is Cinnamon Bad For Dogs ? – When you are eating, cooking or baking, your furry friend is constantly begging for a bit. But many ingredients are highly toxic for dogs and cats. Therefore, you have to be really careful what you feed your pet.
Is Cinnamon Bad For Dogs?
If you are baking or eating cookies or cake with cinnamon, and you puppy is begging for a piece, you might ask yourself Is Cinnamon Bad For Dogs? And the answer is no, cinnamon is not toxic to dogs or cats. ASPCA lists cinnamon as non-toxic for dogs, cats and even horses. Therefore, you can give him a little bit of your sweeties, but watch out for other ingredients. Cinnamon might be non-toxic, but many cookies contain harmful ingredients for your dog.
Therefore, avoid to feed your dog grapes and raisins. These two harmless looking foods can cause kidney failures at dogs. Milk is also very harmful for your dog. It causes indigestion and even diarrhea.
Chocolate is a very harmful food for dogs. It can even kill the pup if consumed in larger amounts. Other health problems that chocolate can cause is heart disease, seizures, vomiting and tremors. Also, if you put your dog on a raw diet, avoid eggs. Raw eggs promote the contamination with salmonella or E-coli. Just like raw meat and fish.
Is Cinnamon Bad For Dogs
Sugar is as harmful for your pet, as it is for you. Therefore, it might cause obesity and diabetes. If you are baking yeast based cookies or cakes and your pet begs for a bit, then avoid to feed him raw yeast dough. It will rise in your pup’s small stomach and enlarge his abdomen. Causing severe pain. Macadamia nuts are also highly toxic to dogs. It causes vomiting, muscle shakes, weakness and high temperature.
Also don’t allow your dog to taste your coffee or caffeine containing teas. Caffeine is highly toxic to digs. Even a small dose of caffeine can cause fast breathing, fast heart beating, restlessness and even muscle twitches.
In conclusion, now you know the answer to the your question Is Cinnamon Bad For Dogs? It is not harmful at all, but you should be very careful with other ingredients.